The Pharmacy Compounding Foundation
Investing in pharmacy compounding's future
Since APC's inception in 1991, the practice of pharmacy compounding has evolved from an endangered profession to a strong and essential presence in American healthcare. In an effort to continue advancing the practice of pharmacy compounding, APC established a non-profit 501(c)3 educational foundation in 2003. The foundation serves as the charitable arm of APC, providing funding for education and scientific programming and research.
The foundation promotes pharmacy compounding by:
- Funding innovative programs and research initiatives that enhance the quality, safety, responsiveness, and credibility of compounding pharmacy;
- Encouraging curricular endorsement of the fundamental proficiencies essential to compounding pharmacists through alliances with educational institutions and accreditation bodies; and
- Sponsoring public education programs that acquaint health care professionals and the public with the services and issues related to pharmacy compounding.
- Supporting student participation in compounding professional development and advocacy programs to orient them about compounding and support compounding as a possible career path.
Where we're pointed
The foundation's mission is to advance pharmacy compounding practice and the profession for the benefit of patients. Its vision is to enhance patients' quality of life with compounded medications.
PCF's 2020 goals include:
- Creating a plan for long-term fiscal stability essential to cover annual operating expenses.
- Supporting consumer-focused public relations efforts to elevate pharmacy compounding.
- Sponsoring and developing pharmacy compounding educational offerings for state pharmacy associations, pharmacy schools, compounding prescribers, and via student scholarships.
Jennifer L. Burch
PharmD, RPh, CDE
Chief Executive Officer
MBA, MS, CPhT
Jennifer L Petska
Circle Pines, MN
Help us assure a bright future for pharmacy compounding
Your contribution to the foundation helps assure pharmacy compounding's future. The work we do to fund compounding education, research and leadership development has a direct impact on your compounding business and career. Won't you make a one-time or monthly contribution?
You can contribute to the foundation or directly to the foundation's Fund the Future Scholarship. Fund the Future brings current pharmacy students to events like Compounders on Capitol Hill and EduCon.
To make your gift, CLICK HERE for the FOUNDATION or CLICK Here for FUND THE FUTURE. You may also call the foundation office at (281) 933-8400 or email email@example.com.
Explore foundation-funded student scholarship opportunities here.
The foundation relies on volunteer leaders. Our board of directors, and committee members make what we do possible.
If you're interested in our work, consider volunteering for a committee. Currently the foundation is looking for volunteers for the Education committee. Available seats on the board of directors are announced each fall.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.