5 reasons you ought to be an APC member:
1. You add your voice to those of hundreds of other compounding pharmacists and technicians and strengthen our ability to get things done with Congress and FDA and in state capitols nationwide. Take a look where APC members live and work:
And here’s a short list of some of the public policy priorities on which we’re currently fighting for you:
- Seeking a middle way on FDA’s proposed MOU with states, the current version of which conflates definitions of “distribute” and “dispense,” and in states that don’t sign the MOU, would cap shipments of compounded meds to 5% – including patient-specific compounding.
- Challenging USP’s <797> revision, set to take effect December 1, which fails to allow for BUD extensions and thus will drive up patient cost on many sterile compounds. Check out our ALERT on this issue here.
- Assuring that 503A and 503B bulk lists don’t exclude essential FDA-approved substances necessary to serve patients.
- Assuring representation on FDA’s Pharmacy Compounding Advisory Committee of compounding pharmacists who have actual patient-facing experience.
2. Your business gets a marketing boost via inclusion in our nationwide Compounding Pharmacy Locator, which gets more than 2,000 clicks per month.
3. You receive breaking news on policy and clinical issues impacting your business. See the latest here.
4. You gain access to the best compounding training resources and events in the profession – at preferred members-only pricing. Here's where you’ll find our education webinars, both upcoming and archived topics. And here's info on our upcoming education conferences.
5. You’ll find members-only discounts on a range of products and services that more than cover the costs of your annual APC dues. Here’s a short list:
- The APMS® Patient Safety Organization (PSO), helps you put safety at the center of your pharmacy operations. Get a handle on the inherent risks in your pharmacy's workflow and discover opportunities for improvement in a legally protected environment. Find more information here.
- Get $500 off the cost of PCAB accreditation, the gold-standard certification for compounding pharmacies.
- Save $200 on the registration for CBI’s Compounding Compliance Conference. Details here.
- Get a no-cost, no obligation gap analysis of your business and liability insurance coverage via RiskAlert-Rx – a service specially designed to help APC member owners better understand risks of loss, plus you'll get step-by-step solutions to address any deficiencies.
- Get 10% off $500 or more of marketing services from Storey Marketing. (Valid one time per pharmacy owner.)
Why stand alone when you can stand with us?
Join the Alliance for Pharmacy Compounding today. You can do it online here, or phone us 281-933-8400.