The APC Fellows Program
APC’s Fellowship Program recognize distinguished service of member compounding pharmacists to their profession and their communities.
Established in 1997, the Fellowship Program distinguishes pharmacists who are exemplary in their professionalism and commitment to the practice of pharmacy compounding. Each applicant’s credentials are assessed against rigorous criteria that include contributions to published literature, continuing education, presentations, leadership, professional and civic service as well as professional awards. The criteria are designed to maintain a balance between subject areas and to ensure that the APC Fellows are diverse in their practices and community activities.
APC Fellows meet stringent requirements designed to demonstrate their commitment to patient care through quality pharmacy compounding and the highest ethical and professional standards. All Fellows must be registered pharmacists who have practiced pharmacy for at least five years and practiced as a compounding pharmacist for at least three years.
Since the APC Fellowship Program’s inception, 97 pharmacists have been honored as members of this elite group.
List of current APC Fellows
Fellowship is the highest distinction awarded by APC, the only professional association solely dedicated to compounding pharmacy.
Fellows are inducted once a year at EduCon. APC members are eligible if they:
- Subscribe and adhere to the Alliance’s Code of Ethics.
- Currently practice or actively support the art and skill of pharmacy compounding.
- Have been a member of APC for at least three years.
In order to be considered for Fellowship, candidates must:
- Be nominated by at least one current Fellow and submit their letter of recommendation.
- Earn a set amount of points in various categories of service and professional involvement such as continuing education, presentations and published articles, professional awards, and professional and civic service.
- Submit a completed Fellowship application with supportive materials.
- Submit a video tour of practice site.
- Submit a current CV.
- Receive approval from the Fellowship Committee which then makes a recommendation for approval to the APC Board of Directors.
- Application interviews
- Induction at EduCon
DEADLINES AND APPLICATIONS
Deadlines will be announced soon.
APPLICATION MATERIALS - coming soon
Fellowship Application - coming soon
Application Letter - coming soon
Once a Fellow is inducted, they remain a Fellow so long as they are an APC member and adhere to the Alliance’s Code of Ethics, or until such time as they wish to no longer be recognized as a Fellow.
Fellows are encouraged to continue their professional involvement with APC and compounding pharmacy in general and may be called upon to help the board or staff with projects or vital information.
For more information, please email Jennifer Petska, or phone (281) 933-8400.